Photo shows the group who got to the All-Ireland Final in Croke Park in April 2013. They are Adina Greaney, Katie Raftery and Jasmin Griffin with their Business Teacher Edel O'Connor. Their business enterprise entry was children's book "Leith-Triúigh Tales"
Business students in Meánscoil Nua an Leith-Triúigh participate in The Student Enterprise Awards competition. This is a national initiative organised by County and City Enterprise Boards, which aims to foster an enterprise culture among second level students in Ireland. It offers the student the opportunity to take a business from the idea stage, through market research to production, selling, record keeping, management and finally, to writing a comprehensive report on the activity. Business teacher Edel O’ Connor and a mentor from Kerry Enterprise board Maeve Townsend assist students with this.
The Student Enterprise Awards enable students to:
- Build an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Learn valuable lessons from the experience of working in a team
- Apply learning in a practical way
- Explore possible career paths for their future
- Consider becoming an entrepreneur in the future
- Enhance their creativity
- Improve their communication skills